Intermediate Barista Coffee Training
Make Coffee Better in your business
Education is one of the cornerstones of what we do here at Extract Coffee Roasters. Sharing our knowledge and passing on the understanding of how to make coffee better is paramount in the world of speciality coffee.
That's why we offer free foundation barista training and free intermediate barista training to all our partners.
Keep reading to find out how our Intermediate Barista Training can help your business.
SCA qualified tutors
With SCA qualified trainers ready to teach, we promise to give you the best understanding and learning to further careers.
After completing Extract Coffee Roasters Foundation Barista training, the next step is our Intermediate Barista training, which will aim to produce a Head/Lead Barista who can supervise others.BOOK NOW
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Experienced baristas wanting to take the next step in their careers towards Lead or Head Barista. Intermediate students should complete the Barista Foundation or undergo a skills assessment by Extract Coffee Roasters before attending this session.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Free for all Extract Coffee Roasters customers
WHERE DOES IT TAKE PLACE?
Extract Coffee Roasters Intermediate Barista Training can take place at our roastery in Bristol, at our London training centre or on-site at your business.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Intermediate Barista Training is a 1.5 hour session on-site (three people max), or two hours at our roastery with a tour.
What will you learn in Intermediate barista training?
- Coffee origins, variety, farm names
- Roast style, impact on flavour, coffee flavour notes
- Story and sustainability of Extract Coffee Roasters
- Stock management - freshness responsibility
- Using scales to dial in grinder
- Recipes for all speciality coffees on our menu
- Weekly grinder cleaning
- Able to relay all coffee information to customers and junior staff
- How to dial in grinder within 15 mins
- How to identify under/over-extracted espresso by taste
- Steaming milk - microfoam, glossy texture - with no visible bubbles
- How to free pour two different patterns (heart, rosetta, tulip)
- Responsible for adherence to a cleaning schedule
- Able to supervise others
Our Foundation and Intermediate training courses are followed up with Barista Power-Up sessions. These are 20-minute on-the-job training sessions delivered in the cafe on a specific area of service.
If you'd like to book barista training or find out more, get in touch using our online training request form.