Covid Safe Coffee
COVID-SAFE COFFEE PRACTICES
Like so many businesses, we've had to make changes to the way we work to ensure we are Covid-safe for our team and our customers.
There are changes to how we're working in our Bristol and London spaces and extra measures we're taking when we visit our customers for training and engineering.
You can find out more about the Covid-safe steps we're taking in the roastery and what to expect when we visit you.
SAFER RETAIL COFFEE
Throughout the Covid-19 Pandemic and multiple lockdowns, we've continued roasting and posting coffee to be contactlessly delivered to your doorstep. Read on to find out more about how we are keeping our team and retail customers safe throughout it all.
ROASTERY SHOP AND COLLECTIONS
The roastery shop is no longer open for walk-in customers or roastery-collection for local customers. This is to limit the number of people coming into the roastery and reduce the risk of the virus spreading to our team.
FACE & SPACE
Our roastery team wear face coverings on the roastery floor and work with a socially-distanced restrictions in place. We've re-organised our workspaces during lockdown, to enable our other departments to work in different zones with plenty of space. All team members wear face coverings as they move around the building.
Our of our Home Barista workshops have been postponed during the Pandemic. This is because they are close-contact group events where social distancing would be difficult. We hope to reintroduce these in future when indoor events are allowed.
Team members who are able to work from home are continuing to do so, only coming into our Bristol and London spaces when necessary. Visits from people outside of the business are managed to ensure that we never have too many people in one space at one time. We have sanitising stations throughout our workspaces and signage to help people to stay safe.
STAYING SAFE WHEN YOU VISIT US
When customers visit the roastery for training or a meeting, we want you to feel safe, happy and healthy. Here are some of the Covid-safe measures you should expect to experience during your visit.
THINGS YOU NEED TO DO
- Scan up: On arrival at the roastery, please make sure you scan the NHS Track and Trace QR code situated at the entrance.
- Write up: We have a short visitor questionnaire which you’ll be asked to complete when you enter the roastery. This is to confirm that you are feeling well and your details will be shared with NHS Contact Tracers in the event of a Coronavirus outbreak.
- Wash up: When you arrive, please use the hand sanitiser provided at the door, then wash your hands and sign yourself in as a guest. During training, you'll be asked to wash your hands between each session to minimise the risk of cross-contamination. Hand washing should be done with soap for a full thirty seconds.
- Mask up: If you are travelling to us via public transport or attending a training session where you'll be using an espresso machine, we will ask you to wear a mask. You are welcome to bring your own mask, or if you prefer we also have a supply of masks that you can use.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- We will disinfect every surface before you arrive and at regular intervals throughout your visit. We may ask you to lift your coffee cup during your visit as part of our regular cleaning schedule.
- We will prepare our spaces to ensure social distancing is maintained where possible.
- We will provide anti-bacterial hand wash and sanitiser for you to use throughout your stay, and disposable face coverings for those unable to provide their own. Gloves and disposable cups will be provided for relevant training and tastings.
- All our crockery is cleaned through our commercial washers to guarantee a fully sanitised vessel to enjoy your bangin’ brew from.
- We’re following guidelines and government advice as we receive it. If the guidelines change, we’ll update our procedures too. Thank you for working with us on this.
STAYING SAFE WHEN WE VISIT YOU
There are some parts of our customer support which can't be done remotely. We visit customers for training, machine installations, repairs and servicing. To make these visits as safe as they can be, we're asking all of our customers to support us by following these steps.
THINGS YOU NEED TO DO
- Ensure your training space is disinfected before we arrive and have anti-bacterial spray readily available for use during training.
- Wash your hands regularly during training to prevent cross-contamination. Handwashing should be for 30 seconds with soap.
- Follow social distancing guidelines of 1m+ where possible. This includes reducing interruptions to training by other team members or customers.
- Provide face coverings for team members when social distancing cannot be maintained during practical training.
- Provide crockery cleaned through a commercial dishwasher to ensure sanitised surfaces, or provide ample disposable vessels for training.
- Please share this document with your team, so they know what to expect when we visit.
Things you can expect from us
- We will wear a face covering and sanitise hands when travelling to you by public transport.
- We will wash our hands, sanitise and sign- in upon arrival to you.
- We will maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- We will schedule in regular breaks every 20 minutes during training, to clean the station and wash our hands. We request that your team do the same.
- We will follow all of your health and safety procedures.
- We will let you know if we feel unsafe or uncomfortable during our visit and will work with you to find a safer solution.
- If at any point during our visit, either party feel unsafe or uncomfortable during our visit, either party reserves the right to postpone the session until suitable standards can be met.
ANY QUESTIONS? GET IN TOUCH
We want you to feel happy, safe and healthy when we meet with you to talk about all things coffee.
If you have any questions about potential Covid-safe working practies please talk to us.